Dear Runners, Family & Friends
With only days to go to race day, we hope all competitors for this year’s Hume & Hovell 50/100 Ultra and Relay are as excited as we are about the runs that lay ahead. As you get yourself ready for our great event, we would like to remind all runners and their guests of a few important things:
- Optional meeting at the Oriental Hotel, Wynyard Street, Tumut on Friday 17th October from 4 pm for runners and supporters who are not going to Tumbarumba for the 100 km. Come have a chat, purchase a meal, buy a drink, etc. Note it is not a check in, just a get together.
- The 100k and Relay Check In and Safety Bag Check are at the Tumbarumba Hotel on the main street on Friday 17th October from 4.30 pm to 7.00 pm. Please ensure you have all the listed safety equipment as Tumbarumba is a small town and shops close at 5.30pm. Please ensure you fill your Support Crew vehicle with fuel.
We have a room booked upstairs, purchase a meal, have a chat and meet the other entrants. Check In is also at Henry Angel Trackhead (Start) at 4.30 to 5.30 am. The briefing is at 5.45am for a 6 am start.
- The 50k Check In and Safety Bag Check is at Brandy Mary Park, Blowering Dam Wall Power Station near Tumut from 00 to 10 am. The briefing follows at 10.10am before boarding the coach for Jounama Dam wall, for the start of the run.
- Please take note that the course marking ribbon colour is bright pink and on intersections it will be bright pink and orange and only a couple of metre or so apart around the corner. Silver reflective tape will be used from just before check point 5 for night running.
- For 100k and Relay runners, the bridge work is finished at Buddong Falls. When you come to the landslide just past the new bridge. Please take care.
- The 50k Compulsory Safety Bag Check is at CP5. The 100k Compulsory Safety Bag check will remain at Check Point 4. The Relay will have Safety Bag checks at Check Point 2, 4 and 5.
- 100k & 50k briefings are on the website, giving you time to read them before the run. Support Crew maps and details will be handed out at the check in on arrival.
- AMBULANCE COVER – Please check your personal cover before the day.
- Please take the time to check the adjusted maps on the website. The Support Crew Map and Directions to the Checkpoints have also been adjusted to include Checkpoint 4.
- The Presentations will be Sunday morning at Brandy Mary’s Park, at the finish, Blowering Dam Wall Power Station near Tumut with a free breakfast from 8.30 am and presentation of medals, trophies and a couple of barrel draws from 9 am. We hope this will give everyone a chance to catch up with each other and for the organisers to get to know you all and for you to let us know where we can improve.
- Thanks to Committee member Katrina Andrews for organising T Shirts, Singlets, Polo Shirts and Caps for the Hume & Hovell 50/100 Ultra and Relay. To view and perhaps purchase, please go to our website. humehovellultra/com and click on our Facebook page.
- Exciting news! We now have Hume and Hovell 2014 Ultramarathon singlets, t-shirts, polo shirts and caps available for purchase! If you get your order in quickly, we can have them ready before the Ultramarathon weekend. Just follow the link to order online: http://www.hunters1866.com.au/collections/hume-hovell-ultra-marathon. Orders received before Monday 13th October can be ready for the event. If you’d like us to pick yours up and bring it to the event, please email us or Facebook message your request when you place your order.
On behalf of the Committee and Volunteers, we are all looking forward to meeting you over the weekend and if there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.