Waiver and Disclaimer
By entering this event you will be agreeing to the below Waiver and Disclaimer please read it before entering.
If you are entering a family you will be agreeing to the Waiver and Disclaimer on everyone’s behalf.
WAIVER AND DISCLAIMER
- I acknowledge that long distance running involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including (but not limited to): overexertion, hypothermia, dehydration, venomous snakes, accidents with other competitors, spectators or other road/trail users, course or weather conditions and other causes. I accept the risks associated with this event.
- I certify that I have not been advised not to compete in this event by a qualified medical person and that I have undertaken sufficient training to do so safely.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Australian Ultra Runners Association Inc. (AURA) and its respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, promoters, sponsors, event organisers, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers consider appropriate during or after the event and take all responsibility therefore. I understand I should obtain individual ambulance cover.
- I consent to event organisers and event sponsors using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that safety precautions undertaken by organiser/s (such as course supervision, gear checks and race safety briefings) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I agree to abide by the race rules and directions issued by the event organiser/s.
- The event organisers may change the race format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. Should such change occur then this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- My registration as a competitor is not transferable to any other person. If I am unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances outside the control of the race organiser/s, my registration fee is non refundable.
- I confirm that I have read the Race Information as found at http://humehovellultra.com/trrt-race-information/